Quadex™ is the active ingredient used in our range of high level Disinfectants and Sterilants.
Our company specialises in formulating problem specific products such as presented here.
Research and development by Prof. Holzapfel and Mike van Niekerk is ongoing and we welcome feedback from the market in this regard.
WHAT IS QUADEX?
QUADEX™ (from the word Quattro) is an Amine/Guanide derivative widely used in aqueous personal products such as eye drops, lotions and creams.
The antiseptics belong to the Biguanide group, which are cationic substances well known for their effective action against microbial infection.
WHAT IS THE CARRIER?
Mainly 99% water.
MODE OF ACTION?
Kills by damaging cell membranes and then inactivating critical enzymes.
WHAT ABOUT CHEMICAL RESISTANCE?
QUADEX™ is a new and unique cocktail of chemicals. It is therefore a multi acting high level disinfectant that provides active protection against pathogenic resistance.
HOW EFFECTIVE IS QUADEX™?
QUADEX™ in applicable situations kills 99+ % microbes such as:
- Dust Mites
IS QUADEX™ HAZARDOUS TO HUMANS AND THE ENVIRONMENT?
QUADEX™ is organic and relative to other disinfectants poses a minimal health and environmental hazard.
Glutaraldehyde is ranked hazardous at 15 out of the 208 ranks.
QUATS are not ranked hazardous but considered low level disinfectants.
- Quadex kills all microbes broad spectrum - Gram positive & Gram negative Bacteria, Viruses, Fungus, Mould, Mildew, Algae, Spores and Dust Mites.
- Quadex does not contain Glutaraldehyde and o-phenylphenol or solutions that produce chlorine dioxide.
- Quadex is NON-TOXIC, does not stain or discolour, and it is non-corrosive.
- Quadex has a unique 30 day anti-microbial activity.
- Quadex is Broad Spectrum and thus kills the toughest microbes.
- Quadex is consumer friendly and safe to use.
UNIQUE SELLING PROPOSITION (USP)
- Quadex is formulated by blending very specific active ingredients and a mix of “inerts” that permit Quadex to have a greater level of stability than other products.
- Quadex kills not only standard bacteria but viral, mycoplasmal, chlamydial and fungal organisms as well.
- Quadex provides previously unheard of residual effects on hard surfaces and a totally benign toxicological profile.
- Quadex is environmentally friendly. Most chemical disinfectants available contain toxic and unsafe Aldehydes and Phenols. These chemicals - that kill microbes - are dangerous, and can be fatal to humans and animals.
HIGH, MEDIUM AND LOW LEVEL DISINFECTION.
- High level disinfection refers to sterilization activities in which all microbial life, including spores and viruses are destroyed. High level disinfection is reserved for special applications such as disinfection of surgical equipment and medical devices.
- Medium level disinfection usually refers to elimination of tuberculosis causing microorganisms as well as the destruction of the more resistant types of viruses. Medium level disinfection is not effective against spores.
- Low level disinfection refers to the destruction of bacteria in their natural state, and is not effective against tuberculosis causing microorganisms, spores or viruses which do not have outer protein membranes in their structure.
When choosing a method requiring sanitization, it is necessary to consider which one would have the least harmful environment impact, the most cost-effective, the easiest to apply and the most suitable under prevailing water conditions. If you don't need to get rid of spores then don't sterilize.